The school uniform must be worn at all times, including to and from school. Order marks are issued if the policy is not adhered to.
Jewellery – girls may wear only a plain wristwatch, a simple cross or other religious symbol no larger than a 1p piece on a small-linked chain, one simple plain ring and one pair of small silver or gold stud type earrings (no hoops). There should be no other jewellery of any kind. There should be no body piercing. Hair adornments should be simple and in a school colour (NAVY BLUE OR RED). Hair should be natural-looking in style and colour and should not obscure the face. If worn, make-up and nail varnish must be discreet. All uniform items should be clearly labelled with the owner’s name.
School Uniform Policy Years 7-11
- The school skirt – a knee-length navy blue herringbone straight skirt with a small pleat in the back.
- The school blouse – a tailored short-sleeved blue blouse or a long-sleeved blue blouse, which can, when not wearing a jumper, be worn outside the skirt, has a shaped collar, open neck and no tie.
- The jumper – a plain, navy blue school jumper (with small navy blue or red logo – the original school crest).
- The school trouser in navy blue may be worth with and underneath the school skirt by students who need to cover their legs on religious grounds.*
- The school scarf in navy blue may be worn by students who need to cover their head on religious grounds.*
*Parents must seek permission in writing from the Headteacher, indicating why this is a need for their daughter. Any other needs relating to a student’s religious beliefs must also be addressed in writing, along with any relevant documentation, to the Headteacher who will seek the views of Governing Body as appropriate.
The above items ie school skirt, school jumper, school trouser* and school scarf* can only be purchased from the school uniform shop.
- Plain navy blue or black coat (no denim, leather or leather-look or similar fabric).
- No blazer.
- For the winter navy blue opaque tights, and for the summer navy blue opaque tights or flesh coloured tights or white ankle socks or navy socks.
- All year round shoes should be plain black with low heels, which pay regard to the needs of health and safety. NB: no trainers; no stiletto heels; no sling backs; no open-toed shoes.
- Plain red or plain navy blue scarf.
- If a hat is worn it should be in the school colours, navy blue or red
- Long sleeved navy blue science overall.
- Apron for food technology.
PE Uniform (all kit should be clearly named)
- White aertex blouse – name on front embroidered in red.
- White pumps or white training shoes (no boots or plastic soles).
- Short white socks.
- Black astro boots.
- Navy blue games skort/skirt (white in summer) – name on front embroidered in red.
- Navy blue shorts.
- Navy blue hockey socks with red striped tops.
- Plain navy blue sweatshirt
- Plain navy blue jogging trousers.
- Kit bag – clearly named. Either drawstring or sports bag which may be fastened in order to be hung on a peg. NO PLASTIC BAGS.
The school uniform shop is located in the Dining Room and is open every Monday and Wednesday lunchtime during term time as well as every day for four weeks of the summer holidays.